Tuesday, November 15

A PICNIC.

This morning, I made big plans to go the park, have a picnic and play for as long as Avre could manage. I packed us a nice and simple lunch (that I prepared in less than 5 minutes) and we were out the door. As soon as we got to the car I realized that it might rain today (given those clouds overhead). My husband will not be surprised at all to hear that I just said, 'meh', and hopped in the car anyway. Well, just about 3 seconds after the last photo was taken, it started to rain! My first instinct was to run to the car but then realized that meant, a) we wouldn't eat lunch b) I had to gather everything and put it back in the basket c) fasten the basket and d) convince Ethum we should leave, all while holding Avre. So, I decided we would stay since we were doomed to wetness anyway. We didn't even eat any faster than we would if it were sunny. We were sopping wet when it was over but I'd say it was well worth it. 

{fun fact: This tablecloth was given to Dave's grandparents as a wedding gift- pretty cool, right?}



-Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I have never been afraid of rain, and never been able to figure out what is with people who are... Happy picnic day!!!

    ReplyDelete