Thursday, December 15

TRY A LITTLE KINDNESS.


print found here.


Sooo, yesterday I ran out of coffee and forgot to buy more. This morning was kind of dreary with the occasional light rain, so after I fed the littles and showered and all that good stuff, I loaded everyone up and we went to Antidote (one of our favorite coffee shops in Houston). I thought about just going through a Starbucks drive-thru, but we are kind of snobby in that we are kind of against the idea of drive-thru coffee. Anyway, if I was going to have to drive to get coffee, I might as well get a cajeta latte, which is pretty much the best drink in the world. The parking lot is tiny and I wouldn't mind parking down the street but that means that I will also be keeping a toddler out the street while lugging a car-seat the whole walk down that street. I managed to find a decent parking spot and we all went it aaaand then we went out aaaand well, it was pouring down! I had almost reached my car (with the boys, coffee, and Ethum's drinkable yogurt) when the barista came running out with an umbrella. He chased me around the car as I was buckling the boys in and finding places for drinks and a diaper bag. When that was over, I said, "thank you. that was so kind of you". Even I was surprised at what I said. I don't think that sentence has ever been spoken with my lips but I truly meant it. This guy had chased me down, around the side of the building to make sure that I didn't get myself and my children sopping wet. Now, did I really mind getting wet? No, not really but he had stopped what he was doing while they had a line almost going out the door, just to be kind. This is what I'm talking about. It totally made my day. And to top it off, when I got home I read this blog post by Emma from Food Coma. Pretty inspiring, wouldn't ya say?

“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” -Aesop

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato


-Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to be looking for an opportunity to say "thank you. That was so kind" to you at Christmas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah! You can say it after I give you HUG! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete